Saturday, February 16, 2013

Black cat with yellow background

Somehow, over the years, I've become more realistic in my artwork (emphasis on more). Perhaps it is the nature of commissions.  After all, the buyer wants something that LOOKS like his beloved animal.

Howeverr, there are times when I don't want the black cat to look like the black cat in the photo.  The angles or the background somehow say exaggerate or distort this animal.  I end up with a painting for sale and start again on the commission, but that first paiting has something that speaks to me loudly.

I think I needed to have some fun when I started painting this cat.  I added bright circus colors and played with the tail.

Unlike most of my paintings by the time they make it to this blog, this painting is for sale. Email me for details or visit my Etsy site

No comments: